I started drinking this broth after beginning my cancer treatment and still enjoy making a batch about once per month. It has a wonderful flavor and is packed with nutrients yet is easy to drink and digest. Perfect for anyone, especially those having a hard time eating solid foods. This is my favorite cancer recipe. I take no credit for this recipe, it was passed on through a family friend, I do not know who the credit goes to, whoever you are, thank you!
Mineral Healing Broth
This simple recipe allows you to extract as much nutrition from the vegetables as possible by using a slow boil method.
Cooking tools & Utensils
- 12 Quart Stock Pot
- Large Strainer
- 6 Carrots
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Leek
- 1 Whole Bunch of Celery
- 4 Red Potatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Garnet Yam
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 Bunch Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 strips Kombu
- 1 tbsp Peppercorns
- 10 Juniper Berries (dried)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3-5 inches Ginger
- 18 cups Spring Water (or filtered water)
- I highly recommend using only organic ingredients for this broth. This slow cook method extracts so much from your ingredients; you want to make sure they are fresh and free of toxins.
- Clean and roughly chop all your veggies. Many of the vegetable’s minerals and benefits are found in the skin so you want to leave them intact.
- Add all prepared veggies and other ingredients to a large stainless steel or non-toxic ceramic pot. Add 1+ gallons of spring water (or filtered water) to cover all vegetables while making sure to leave space at the top for boiling/bubbling.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 to 4 hours.
- No need to hover over this; just give it a good stir whenever you think of it.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Strain your broth and store it in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- We like to store half in a big glass jar and freeze the other half in a plastic container. Then whenever a recipe calls for broth, we pull it out and defrost it. It really elevates the flavors, and also feels great knowing we’re getting a bunch of added nutrients!
- Makes 1+ gallons you can reduce ingredients to adjust to your desired final quantity.
I hope you enjoy this life-giving and easy-to-drink broth. This is the perfect recipe for cancer patients or anyone with nausea or little to no appetite needing an easy-to-digest nutrient boost.